Thursday, July 26, 2012


I want bloggers to feel comfortable about expressing what they feel about the production of music in today’s industry, the difference in artist recording and producing hits in low cost home studios, compared to artist with major label funds that produce and record in top dollar studios around the world.

As a bit of a homework assignment that I would like for you guys to experience, the next time you hear one of your favorite songs try to listen closely to the mix and mastering, the quality of the vocals, instruments, and overall dynamics of the record.

Make a studio head guess on how, where, and on what the record was produced and recorded. Do some research and find out the story behind your favorite record, you mite be surprised or you might feel like a genius when you find out the process of creation behind some of your favorite records.  





The song that I researched was Chief Keef “I Don’t Like” produced by Young Chop, here is the YouTube video I viewed, I was surprised how this hit was made.    

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bg Dus.
    I like the initiative you propose in your post. I'm not active in the music industry but do consider myself quite a melomaniac. Sound quality is always a must in the tunes I love to hear. I am always looking for extra material like behind the scenes from the music videos, but I've never realized that the behind the scenes of the creation process could be as interesting. Really cool share, many thanks.

    ReplyDelete